Join Our Team
A teammate at St. Luke’s is much more than an employee. You’ll be working as part of a team to provide the highest patient experience found in the region. It means impacting lives of those who need your care, and their families. When you join the St. Luke’s team, you commit to providing the highest level of diligence, compassion, and attention at every impact point. To become a member of one of the highest rated healthcare institutions in the region, apply online now!
Through MyChart, you can immediately and securely access your digital healthcare records through a desktop or a smartphone app. That access includes current health issues and upcoming appointments, prompt notification of test results, medication, and instructions for taking each medication. You can instantly review your allergy list and immunization history, physical exams, and preventive care procedures. MyChart makes it easy to record day-to-day blood pressure, weight, and steps, by linking personal devices and apps such as Fitbit and Apple Health.
Click Here to fill out our official online application.
Click Here to fill out our official mobile application.
Physician Assistant (P.A.) - Orthopedics & Sports Medicine office
Physician Assistant – Orthopedics
Reports to: Supervising Physician/Practice Manager
Functions independently in the primary care office setting in collaboration with a supervising physician. Includes Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and Women's Health settings. Provides care that may be longitudinal, and is responsible for disease management across time, or provides care for overflow and sick visits. Emphasis on preventative care, stable acute illness reprieve, health promotion and illness/injury prevention.
Alternatively, functions independently in the rural health, on-site occupational or teammate health clinic settings in collaboration with a supervising physician. Provides care that is focused on single-visit encounters. Emphasis is on illness reprieve and Medication/vaccination compliance.
St. Luke's Hospital Criteria Based Performance Standards, Hospital Policies, Joint Commission Regulations and various other laws/regulations require that we assess the ongoing competency of our staff to assure that the staff maintains competency to perform their duties proficiently. Competency evaluation may include tests for knowledge, demonstration of skills and direct observation of performance.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
1. Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
2. Current DEA license
3. Full, unrestricted licensed to practice as a Physician Assistant in the state of NC
4. BLS for Healthcare Provider
5. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and concentrate.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English fluently and in understandable terms. Must possess intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to react and perform in stressful situations.
• Provides assessment, diagnosis, treatment, education, referral, and follow-up for a shared or owned panel of patients or may handle on a by-visit basis
• Manages multiple chronic illnesses, performs minimally invasive procedures, and works with a stable patient population
• Supports surgical physicians before, during and after surgical procedures
• Recommends screenings and tests based on patients' demographics
• Manages health care within protocols mutually agreed upon by physician and ACP team members
• Identifies abnormal findings early and initiates appropriate interventions
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Amanda Thompson - VP Ambulatory Services & Exec Director of SLH Foundation
101 Hospital Drive
Columbus, NC 28722